What is a chore?
THIS MORNING MY MUM WAS ON THE PHONE WITH SOME I.T. GUY AND WHEN SHE WENT TO HANG UP SHE SAID “BYE BYE LOVE YOU” AND ENDED THE CALL AND THEN JUST. STOPPED. WITH THIS LOOK OF HORROR ON HER FACE
He was dying, very slowly and in great agony, but in some world remote from me where not even a bullet could damage him further.
Lights were twinkling in the distance as day broke through the clouds. I wanted to follow them into the pinking sky.
Kurt Vonnegut’s Rules for Short Stories
1. Use the time of a total stranger in such a way that he or she will not feel the time was wasted.
2. Give the reader at least one character he or she can root for.
3. Every character should want something, even if it is only a glass of water.
4. Every sentence must do one of two things–reveal character or advance the action.
5. Start as close to the end as possible.
6. Be a sadist. No matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them–in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
7. Write to please just one person. If you open a window and make love to the world, so to speak, your story will get pneumonia.
8. Give your readers as much information as possible as soon as possible. To heck with suspense. Readers should have such complete understanding of what is going on, where and why, that they could finish the story themselves, should cockroaches eat the last few pages.
Kurt Vonnegut (via chrisarrant)
Sometimes I really don’t feel like existing like not in a suicidal way but I just wish there was a way of pausing life so that I could sleep for a few weeks and figure some stuff out and then not have to feel guilty for missing loads of stuff because really no time had passed at all
Senegal, Mauritania, Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, Nigeria, Chad, Sudan, Eritrea, Ethiopia, and Djibouti. Those are the countries. It will be drought-resistant species, mostly acacias. And this is a fucking brilliant idea you have no idea oh my Christ
This will create so many jobs and regenerate so many communities and aaaaaahhhhhhh
more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Green_Wall
it’s already happening, and already having positive effects. this is wonderful, why have i not heard of this before? i’m so happy!
This is cool.
Why have we not heard about this before? Because it doesn’t fit the cliche of, ‘Africans can’t achieve anything, they’re too busy having civil wars.’
So…my birthday’s coming up #icanhaspls